Soliloquy

 
Quotable Quotes
May you live every day of your life.
-Jonathan Swift

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway.
-Elbert Hubbard, A Thousand and One Epigrams, 1911

Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.
-Janis Joplin

Speak what you think to-day in words as hard as cannon-balls and to-tomorrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friends
Caryn
Debbie
Elena
KenJ
Linda
Win Lin
Venetia
XiaoZhai
YeePei
Zen
**Please leave a msg if you would like me to link you
Chat
The birth of blogging
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So far I've had a few comments about how no one expects me to have a blog. According to them I'm not the kind of person to have a blog. Normally I would agree, but recent events have changed that, obviously. So I've been thinking about what makes a person blog. What mysterious force of nature compels someone to sit down at their computer and type out their innermost thoughts, laying it all out for the world to read? Is it a sudden burst of inspiration? Or the overwhelming need to share our thoughts with the world? My friends, I have the answer and for me the answer is simple.

Boredom

Yes my friends, the answer is simple, I'm bored. If neccessity is the mother of invention, then boredom is the father of my illegitimate blog. I blog now 'cos I'm bored. I'm stuck in the lab, often in the clean room and human interaction is kept to a minimum. Don't get me wrong, my other colleagues are great people, but it has to be said that we pretty much keep to ourselves these days. Everyone is engrossed in their own research and we don't go out much. I've pretty much spent most of the day without saying more than 10 sentences on average. I'm not really complaining, just a frank statement. So there it is! Mystery solved. I still do hope that even though its mainly written out of boredom, my blog still makes a compelling read and that it inspires you to greater heights.

ps. you know that void in your life that you have? it can be filled by simply leaving comments in my blog. Seriously.

posted by adrian @ 12:26 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger YeePei said…

    Heh. You must be really really bored. Drag the rest out over the weekend and go somewhere lah...

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger adrian said…

    interestingly enough I'm quite busy on the weekends. Church and stuff la

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Xiao_zhai said…

    My young padawan,I see you have mastered the first step."Conjuring a post out of nothingness."

    Haha.Cheers,man.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger adrian said…

    Joined the dark side I have

     
  • At 4:18 AM, Blogger Zennie said…

    haha don joke lah. said less than 10 sentence in a day?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Adrian
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER