Soliloquy

 
Quotable Quotes
May you live every day of your life.
-Jonathan Swift

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway.
-Elbert Hubbard, A Thousand and One Epigrams, 1911

Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.
-Janis Joplin

Speak what you think to-day in words as hard as cannon-balls and to-tomorrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friends
Caryn
Debbie
Elena
KenJ
Linda
Win Lin
Venetia
XiaoZhai
YeePei
Zen
**Please leave a msg if you would like me to link you
Chat
Battle of Thermopylae?
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Its uncanny to me that just weeks after I read up on the battle of Thermopylae, lo and behold '300' comes out. I think its a trend nowadays, more and more movies are now based on comics and also Greek myth's and legends. (Troy?)



Anyway, has there ever been such an inspiring King? Let me just say that if i had him in command I'd go fight a million Persians half naked. You'd think that they'd at least wear a little more armour. At least the other 2 kings in recent films had more armour. Ok... I realise that Hector was a prince, but thats a small technicality.


Top 7 tips from King Leonidas (I'll update this if I can think of any more)

7. All good Kings/Princes need to grow a beard/have stubble.
6. Who needs armour when you've got abs of steel?
5. Don't dismiss the handicapped/disabled, they'll come back to bite you in the ass.
4. All you need to eat while fighting 1000,000 persians is an apple. (need to keep the abs firm)
3. Nothing prepares you for battle like a night of making love to your wife.
2. Though its cool to show that you can remove the gold rings that your enemy has on his cheek, you should always aim to kill him instead.
1. When you are about to kick a Persian messenger down a well, don't forget to make sure your wife approves.


But seriously, the show was fantastic, and it just made me want to go back to the gym to workout. All the Abs featured in the show were breath taking! I sound so gay...
posted by adrian @ 6:34 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think it was a well.. If it was, then they'd have to worry abt their water tasting funny..

    But that was such an awesome movie!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger adrian said…

    I'm quite sure it was a well, at least thats what I've read in the stories. They threw them into the well and taunted them to 'dig it out themselves' a reference to their request for earth and water. :p

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger linda_tjo4 said…

    err... i think u made the most comment on the abs than any other girls that watched that movie.. should i be worried? hehehe...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Adrian
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER