Soliloquy

 
Quotable Quotes
May you live every day of your life.
-Jonathan Swift

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway.
-Elbert Hubbard, A Thousand and One Epigrams, 1911

Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.
-Janis Joplin

Speak what you think to-day in words as hard as cannon-balls and to-tomorrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friends
Caryn
Debbie
Elena
KenJ
Linda
Win Lin
Venetia
XiaoZhai
YeePei
Zen
**Please leave a msg if you would like me to link you
Chat
Pictures
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Greetings from Aussie!!! I've finally got my internet up. Its been a hectic 2 weeks, been buying furniture for my room, getting my bank account up, my phone line and internet. But i really like it here, its summer now, but alls great. It was a nice time to getaway, 26th january, Australia day!!! We went down to south bank and watched the fireworks. The fire works were quite nice and as expected, there was a large crowd of people there, mostly with beers in their hands. :p




The fireworks lasted quite long and they were quite nice, but fireworks are quite the same everywhere i guess. how different can fireworks get anyway? Moving along, here are some pics of my house from the outside. what you see is actually 2 units, mine's the one on the left. Its a little small, but its adequate and quite cosy... for those who don't know, I'm staying in the garage, so the metal door on the left, thats an entrance to my room. I could use the remote to gain access to my room too. I was initally worried it would be too hot, but luckily there is another house infront of my unit which helps block off most of the sun.


The pic below is what my 'room' looks like now. After looking and hunting for furniture that would suit my room, this is what i came up with. I rather like it. The sofa is actually a sofa bed as well, I thought it would look nicer that way rather than having a bed there. The washing machine is behind my cupboard and there is access to the house via the door you see on your right, so its not that bad.


Remember the metal door earlier?

And for those who are wondering what I'm doing for meals, I'm cooking! well.... linda is cooking mainly and i do help out. Below are 2 dishes, spaghetti bolognase (cooked from scratch) and my patented baked cheese and potato dish, with sausage and cauliflower!


Anyway, things are rather expensive here I guess, one meal would cost you upwards of 5AUSD and above, and I can't help but think about how much I'm spending in ringgit. But I'm trying as hard as I can to save money. Uni's ok, but you really have to be motivated and learn more if not you'll just be left behind. I started with mental health and its quite interesting to talk to mental patients. Anyways, just dropping a note to bring you guys up to speed. I gave Eugene, FN, Jeff and Law my number, just get it from them or drop me a msg on my floobleboard. Take care guys and watch this space. I know its been dead for a while, but start spreading the news!!
posted by adrian @ 10:06 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Zennie said…

    wot!??!?!

    u stay in the garage?

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger YeePei said…

    (urgh, my comment didn't come up... nmind, rewind... play..)

    Haha, you stay in the garage?? That's so cool!! It just seem such an Adrian thing to do! I want phone numbers... yours and everyone else's... especially that Linda Binda's. Thanks!! :D

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Sheena said…

    I thought I misunderstood when you said you were living in the garage, but apparently you ARE staying in the garage.

    Er, does that mean like everytime you open the garage door, the whole world gets to see your stuff or what? (Which would make it a good thing that you bought decent/nice furniture.)

    Tell Linda I said HI & HUGS!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger adrian said…

    haha.. yes.. if i do open the garage door, anyone that passes by can see my room, but the configuration is that there is a house infront of mine, so no one can really see.. its like a small cluster of houses in a 'L' config.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Adrian
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER