Soliloquy

 
Quotable Quotes
May you live every day of your life.
-Jonathan Swift

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway.
-Elbert Hubbard, A Thousand and One Epigrams, 1911

Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.
-Janis Joplin

Speak what you think to-day in words as hard as cannon-balls and to-tomorrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friends
Caryn
Debbie
Elena
KenJ
Linda
Win Lin
Venetia
XiaoZhai
YeePei
Zen
**Please leave a msg if you would like me to link you
Chat
The Banquet
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
We decided to go out for some seafood. There was this place that sold cheap and nice seafood. So 8 of us went. 7 b-med students plus one. The food was quite good and reasonably priced. We had 2kgs of crab, prawns, fish, tofu, and veg. A scrumptious spread for the 8 of us. In addition, to wash it down, we had a coconut water-based alcohol of sorts. Not quite malibu, but still interesting to the palate. We had a great time chowing down the food and chatting about past events, but unfortunately this post is not dedicated to that feast. Its dedicated to another banquet, namely the one starring Zhang Ziyi.
So we decided to go catch a movie. One of my housemates had the sudden flash of inspiration. Upon looking up the showtimes for all the movies, somehow we decided on the banquet. Actually I kinda suggested it cos at the time it was the only movie off the top of my head and I remembered that I read some reviews.
The Banquet is every inch an epic scaled art film - deeply theatrical, stunningly beautiful, filled with intriguing contradictions, and a surprisingly faithful adaptation of the source material.
Plus, the movie starrs Zhang Ziyi, Daniel Wu, Zhou Xun, and the fight scenes were directed by Yuen Wo Ping(Crouching Tiger hidden Dragon!). I want to kill whoever wrote that review. The movie sucked so bad I now have trouble writing about what I hated about it. It was boring, stupid, ridiculous, It was just a downright waste of time. I'm still so utterly disgusted that I am at a loss for words. I have to say Yuen Wo Ping and his fight scenes were great, but if I ever see director Feng Xiao Gang, or Zhang Ziyi, I'm asking for 2 and a half hours of my life back.

posted by adrian @ 3:25 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Adrian
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER