Soliloquy

 
Quotable Quotes
May you live every day of your life.
-Jonathan Swift

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway.
-Elbert Hubbard, A Thousand and One Epigrams, 1911

Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.
-Janis Joplin

Speak what you think to-day in words as hard as cannon-balls and to-tomorrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friends
Caryn
Debbie
Elena
KenJ
Linda
Win Lin
Venetia
XiaoZhai
YeePei
Zen
**Please leave a msg if you would like me to link you
Chat
Mambo Jambo
Thursday, October 05, 2006

Retro night at zouk. Polka dots was the theme.... if you can see from the lousy pic taken with my camera phone, the entire zouk was covered with polka dots. They had some dancers to kick start the night. The best music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, My aunts would be right at home. For ppl who don't know what sort of music was playing, we had ace of base, gloria gaynor, abba, bee gees and songs from grease just to name a few. Imagine the people in zouk dancing to YMCA!! It was just silly fun all the way around. You didn't have to worry about being a lousy dancer, the more akward you look the more you fit in :P

It was just plain silly fun. I really wish more of my old friends could have been there. You know who you ppl are! I cannot emphasize how fun it was.... I was doing the bloody twist! My parents would be so proud. Hmm.. maybe I should bring my aunts along next time. Oh and Linda formed a conga line... and got most of the people on the dance floor moving along.

On the flipside there really wasn't much of a crowd and I thought quite a lot of the younger crowd left at about 1 plus and at the end there were more older clubbers. I guess it wasn't their cup of tea. Like I've been saying, the whole night was just silly fun, dancing with wild abandon and not worrying abt if your moves look cool. We had people spinning on the dance floor, doing the agogo, talk about blast from the past. If you don't mind/enjoy retro hits from the past, I personally recommend it. Two thumbs up.

*Mambo Jambo is on every first wednesday of the month
Damn I sound like a nightspot reviewer or something.....
posted by adrian @ 4:13 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Justin ® said…

    cool...adrian,i decided 2 give up basketball since i came here...d blacks here r too geng...lol

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger adrian said…

    haha basketball play for fun only ma.. I'm sure i'll die in australia also.. playing MAPCU this saturday.. sure kena trash la.. I'm so unfit.. haha

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Adrian
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER