Soliloquy

 
Quotable Quotes
May you live every day of your life.
-Jonathan Swift

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway.
-Elbert Hubbard, A Thousand and One Epigrams, 1911

Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.
-Janis Joplin

Speak what you think to-day in words as hard as cannon-balls and to-tomorrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friends
Caryn
Debbie
Elena
KenJ
Linda
Win Lin
Venetia
XiaoZhai
YeePei
Zen
**Please leave a msg if you would like me to link you
Chat
Update
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Its been a rough couple of weeks for me, spent lots of time at the GP clinic, from 9-7++ just observing and performing certain procedures (injections) and a couple of physical exams. I would say it was a good learning experience to be able to apply the knowledge to real life patients, but it was rather tiring. Not to mention the fact that I was completely unable to answer some of the questions my GP asked me. All I could do was give him a blank stare and pretend that I knew the answer but I had some sort of mental block. But at the end of the 7 weeks I think I did manage to get a better grasp of things and wasn't as clueless. I got quite a good evaluation at the end of the attachment, which is a big plus.

I'm in the midst of the exams now, and its pretty nerve wrecking. People who know me should know that I'm usually relatively calm before exams and I only start getting nervous like an hour or so before. But this time, I actually started worrying about the exams. I don't know if its because the exams are getting harder or because we're expected to know more or because I'm just a year and a half away from becoming a doctor!!!! Its pretty overwhelming to think that in less than 2 years, I'll be treating patients for real in life/death situations. I pray that God gives me the strength and wisdom to be able to cope.



On a lighter note, Liverpool has made it to the champions league finals again!! Unfortunately it could not be a Barca Liverpool final, but its AC milan once again. I can't wait to watch the match. I was also pleasantly surprised that there are live telecasts of the champions league matches here in brisbane. I predict another Champions league trophy for us, but I doubt it'll be as exciting as in 2005.
posted by adrian @ 6:55 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Adrian
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER